A NIGHT TO COLLABORATE FOR CHANGE.
Tickets are here now!
G Girl Productions presents the 6th Annual International Cotillion, Sponsored by Side by Side Pet
August 9-10, 2019
Benefiting a Chicago Rescue and Canine Rescue of North Augusta, SC.
Friday, August 9th, 2019 – International Night*
3-6 pm Pre-judging***
6:00 pm doors open VIP Ticket holders only
6-7 pm VIP ticket holders only, passing of hors d’oeuvres/cash bar – Fur Baby Vienna Cookie Bar supplied by Side by Side Pet.
7:15 pm doors for general admission open (well behaved dogs ONLY in stroller welcome)
7:30-8:30 pm Opening remarks/Runway Show begins
8:30-9:30 pm Live Auction**
9:30-10:00 pm Announcement of winners
*Cocktail attire required for moms and dads
**raffle tickets available for purchase both days; will not be pulled until Saturday, August 10th, 2019. Not required to be present to win/charity to ship
Saturday, August 10, 2019 – Cotillion Night
3-6 pm Pre-judging
6 pm doors open VIP Ticket holders only***
6:15-7:30 pm dinner served VIP ticket holders only – VIP Fur Baby meal provided by Side by Side Pet. For perfect meal go to Side by Side Pet to take the assessment.
7:30 pm General Admission doors open (well behaved dogs ONLY in stroller welcome)
8:00-9:30 pm Opening remarks/Runway Show Begins
9:30-10:30 pm pulling of raffles
10:30 pm Announcement of winners
Limited to 65 VIP fur baby contestants. First come first serve on VIP ticket purchases.
Competition International/Cotillion Judging Criteria
Friday, June 9, 2019 International Night
Costume Category-Pick any country – any era (Fur moms/dads costume must be in black or black cocktail)
Saturday, June 10, 2019 Cotillion
Fur babies evening gowns girls/tuxedos boys
Fur mom and dads formal back attire
Costumes/Gowns/Tuxes will be judged by the following criteria:
• General first impression
• Originality and uniqueness of design
• Theme appropriateness
• Fit and comfort
• Construction of the garment to include stitching, neatness, proper sewing techniques
• Finished edges, clipped threads, no exposed wiring or boning
• Use of lining where appropriate
• Sewn rather than glued embellishments (exception crystals)
• Use of ornament and embellishments to include beading, laces, appliques, crystals, embroidery, piping
• Coordination of fabric types, fabric colors, fabric patterns, trims and ornament
• Use of advanced sewing techniques
• Only custom designed outfits will qualify.
The following behavioral traits will be judged with some traits weighing more heavily in the various categories:
- Overall first impression to include expression, poise, and grace
• Overall personality
• Star quality
• Comfort level when placed on the judging table
• Reaction when being touched by judges
• Ability to obey commands such as sit/stay/stand
• Comfort level on the runway
- Escorts of models are asked to wear black attire in order to better see fur baby outfits.
• Each category to be judged will consider the above criteria with weighting of points to vary depending on the category.
• Points will be tallied and comments made on the judging sheet for each entry.
• In the event of a tie in points, judges will make a decision on winners.
• Behavior, personality, star quality, and costume excellence will be considered in each category (except best designer awards) to determine winners.
• Best designer awards will be awarded on the costume judging criteria only.
• The following items will not be considered in judging:
• Whether the fur baby walks or is carried
• Strollers, props of any kind
• Past history of fur baby such as previous awards or rescue stories
• Parent costumes
• Any kind of tricks by the dog
• All fur babies not in a stroller must be on a leash at all times.
• Any fur baby not in a stroller must be wearing panties or a bellyband.
INTERANTIONAL NIGHT TITLES
1st Runner up Fur Boy/Fur Girl
2ndRunner up Fur Boy/Fur Girl
Best Fur Boy Costume
Best Fur Girl Costume
Best Design Fur Boy
Best Design Fur Girl
COTILLION NIGHT TITLES
Mr Gentle Fur Boy
1st runner up Mr Ambassador
1st runner up Miss Ambassador
Best Fur Girl evening gown
Best Fur Boy tuxedo
Best Fur Girl designer
Best Fur Boy designer
1st runner up best designer Fur Boy
1st runner up best designer Fur Girl
2nd runner up best designer Fur Boy
2nd runner up best designer Fur Girl
As G Girl Productions has started expanding into venues around the country more and more people are asking “what is G Girl?” “How did this get started?” “Why is G Girl doing these events?” These questions along with “wow that’s really wild” and “who would have ever dreamed?” For anyone who really knows Laura Souza all of those questions and more are quickly answered and it all starts to make sense. Laura isn’t just a crazy doggy mama with a good heart. She has a background that would astound many. Most of her life she has been involved in “show business” and the performing arts having studied under the best in the business and performed around the country in musical theater and opera productions that would impress any aficionado of music and theater. Her educational background includes study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, at Herbert Berghof Studio in NY with Uta Hagen, Circle in the Square in NY, with Lee Strasberg at Lee Strasberg Actors Studio in NY, with Michael Kahn, and a master’s degree in fine arts from NYU. She has performed in well-known productions around the country. To mention a few…Sound of Music, Evita, Pirates of Penzance, Oliver, Hello Dolly, Annie, Oklahoma, Nine, Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Bye Bye Birdie, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown…the list goes on and on. After sadly losing her voice due to surgery complications, she taught for a while at the university level.
So when you wonder how our “fairy godmother” Laura comes up with all of her “crazy ideas” for what the next furbaby ball or cotillion will be, it all comes from years of creativity, performance, and most of all love for the furbabies who benefit her many efforts for the rescue community. Her events are truly a production and entertainment for all who attend. Thank you Laura for using your many skills and your heart of gold to help so many furbabies and to provide a source of entertainment that soon the world will know even more about.
G Girl Productions in the news:
Chicago Rescue "The Hot Mess Express"& Canine Rescue of North Augusta, SC
The Hot Mess Express
Friendship is a gift, and the bonds formed in rescue are amazing, especially when it leads to a collaboration to save more animals.
The Hot Mess Express started with a dog named Charlie, who we called a “hot mess.” He was slated for euthanasia. Sarah Lauch from the Live Like Roo Foundation and Dawn Isenhart-Copp and Lisa Iverson from Lulu’s Locker Rescue decided to combine both organization’s resources to help him. As dogs labeled “euthanasia requested by owner” or “untreatable testicular cancer” came in, we saved them. We have found that these dogs DO have life left in them and they just need a chance. So, we welcome them to The Hot Mess Express. We give them love and we give them life and they are so thankful for another chance.
We are so excited to have more animals board The Hot Mess Express. CHOOOOO CHOOOOOO!!!!
Visit The Hot Mess Express
Canine Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation located in North Augusta, South Carolina.
We have no employees and are staffed by 4 volunteers; 2 fulltime, 2 part-time. All puppies/dogs are fostered in 1 of 2 private foster homes.
We must limit the number of puppy/dog(s) we can foster due to our limited resources.
Our team consists of more than 50 years (combined) of “hands on” pet care and training; pre-adoption counseling and post adoption support.
We sincerely want to share the opportunity for others to experience the profound lesson in forgiveness, share the gift of unconditional love, and witness first-hand how truly appreciative these dogs are just to be a part of your life.
We are a NO KILL organization.
P.O. Box 7025
South Carolina 29861-7025
Thank You to our Sponsors
These awesome companies support us!
PAST G GIRL EVENTS
G Girl Productions Presents Bob and Betsy’s Fashion Story Book Wedding.
2019 Leather and Lace Homecoming Dance. Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek.
G Girl Fashionistas Rock the Runway for Canine Rescue featuring BarkNBoujee Canine Couture. December 1st 2018 at the W Hotel Buckhead, Atlanta GA.
G Girl Cotillion August 2018 at the New Yorker Hotel, New York.